To provide a safe environment and challenging curriculum which will enable all students to become independent life-long learners and responsible citizens. We place a high emphasis on:
- Project-Based Learning and a Balanced Literacy approach
- Inclusive Practices and differentiation of instruction for all students
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in promotion of a safe and caring school climate
- Family Engagement through Home Visits and Family Teacher Academic Team (FTAT) Meetings
- On-site Afterschool Enrichment Options: Boys and Girls Club, Sports Clubs, Polynesian Dance, SES Tutoring, MESA
Leataata Floyd Elementary teachers work as a team to encourage students to be independent learners and use a variety of small group methods to develop problem-solving skills, cooperation, and higher-level thinking skills. The staff works closely with parents and other community members to be responsive to the needs of students and the community.
Accountability reports are available from the SCUSD Website.